Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I survived Shrinkvivor Week 1

I started out on this week thinking, "this is the worst week for me to start a weight-loss challenge!"  Why??  Because I was stung by an insect on Sunday evening and woke up Monday with a skin reaction on half of my arm.  I was put on Prednisone & Hydroxyzine, which made me feel jittery and anxious, hungry and tired but couldn't sleep!  Then Thursday a sore throat hit. Went back to the Dr. and found out I had a sinus infection so I was put on an antibiotic on top of it!  Ugh, and I hate taking medication!!  After feeling sorry for myself for a couple of days, I was highly motivated by my team, "Tribe Navy Seals,"  to get back into the game.  So,  Saturday I started really focussing on my calories, water intake and made the goal of walking 3 miles a day.  I'm very happy with my results today! 

        Starting Weight on 9/15/10--- 146.8 lb.
        Today's Weight on 9/22/10--  144.4
                              Weight Loss of   2.4

        Miles logged in for Week 1 Challenge = 13 miles
          Daily water intake =  82-96 oz.

I'm feeling so much better and I have a much more positive attitude, bring on Challenge #2!!  Go Tribe Navy Seals!! 

6 comments:

  1. Great Job!!! Week 2 is going to be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome start Jacquie! I'm so glad all the meds didn't derail your progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jacquie! I'm glad you're okay. My son is allergic to insect stings, so I know how scary that can be! Looks like you really buckled down, and despite the meds, you had a GREAT loss!!! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 13 miles...omg you go!!! YAY! Awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT job all around!! Congrats...onto another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! For such a rough start, you did great! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete